Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Retire Young or Die?





According to this internet site I found, the average person who works until age 65, dies 18 months after retiring, while the person retiring at age 50 lives to be 86 years old. For those contemplating working another few years before retiring, realize you are losing two years of your life for each year you work beyond age 55."

I am not sure if this unbelievable claim is true or not and in fact the website itself states that the data is old, but the principle might still be true, and it is all the more reason to retire as young as I possibly can.

I can't think of anything more depressing than the thought of working all of your life until you hit 65, never relaxing and enjoying your freedom, and then promptly dying 18 months later.

I intend to live a life of freedom.

No comments: