Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Making My NYC Friend Cry

So, one thing about me, I'm a sucker for online financial calculators, and CNN Money just unveiled a new one that helps track cost of living disparities.

One of my friends is currently living in Manhattan, and having gone through a similar grad school experience as me, will be working in NYC after he graduates. He basically will be doing the same thing as me, only he will be getting paid 15% more than me to do it.

I don't know how realistic this calculator is, but according to it, I am making 15% more than him when you factor in the ridiculous expenses that constitute Manhattan. This will no doubt be aggravated by the extreme conspicuous consumption that makes up the NYC outlook on life.

Calculators like this make me wonder whether I should just pack up and move to Morgantown, WV, or analagous areas.

1 comment:

QUALITY STOCKS UNDER FOUR DOLLARS said...

You konw what they say new york is the city that never sleeps.